We have a small team of highly experienced and qualified housing occupational therapists throughout the country. We are also constantly expanding our team to meet our clients’ needs.
Managing Director, Clinical Lead
BA Hons Occupational Therapy & MSc Ergonomics
Anava has many years of experience working as a housing Occupational Therapist for both the private and public sector. She specialises in the inclusive design of domestic and residential buildings, aiming to provide aesthetic solutions for people who are less able.
Anava acts as an expert witness (under Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules), specialising in accommodation and equipment. Her knowledge and expertise have proven particularly useful for clients who do not want to move home and would prefer to have their property adapted to meet their needs. Anava is known for her ability to think out of the box and find creative solutions for complex problems.
Amanda is a specialist in Occupational Therapy with a wealth of experience in acute settings, community and specialist learning disability services. Amanda has gained experience in neuroscience, trauma, orthopaedics, rheumatology and chronic pain with focus on long term conditions. Her experience is complemented with the management of both surgery and oncology teams in a local hospital.
Amanda’s extensive clinical experience supports and provides a holistic view of an individual’s needs when it comes to housing adaptions. She always assesses our clients with their best interests and primary requirements as the basis of her work.
Amanda is the current Chair of the Eastern Region Royal College of Occupational Therapy Committee.
Sales and Lettings Manager
Charlotte brings over 15 years’ experience working in the property industry, predominantly in residential sales and lettings. She assists clients in the search for their forever home, as well as the sometimes complex interim rental solution prior to settlement. Charlotte has built an established network of estate agents who are keen to work with us and understand the litigation process and the adaptation works required.
Client Services Manager
Acer has a comprehensive project management background which she brings to the team. Her experience includes a scientific role in personal care product formulation along with business development in the health & wellness industry. She has a strong attention to detail and a passion for delivering customer service excellence with empathy.
She works collaboratively with the overall team of case managers, solicitors, equipment suppliers and trades people. This approach ensures our adaptations are completed in a timely and efficient fashion.
Acer is office based and has a complete overview of the projects so is often the first point of contact for clients and their wider teams.
We’ll be at the following conferences in 2021:
- APIL Clinical Negligence Conference 2021 – 22nd & 23rd September
- BABICM Annual Conference, Another Brick in the Wall – 20th & 21st October
Previously Anava has given the following presentations:
- NAIDEX 2018: Designing homes with a focus on visual impairment
- Brain Injury Group Training Day, July 2018: Housing Adaptation and Accommodation Needs
- Occupational Therapy Adaptation Conference (OTAC) Edinburgh 2017: Getting Adam back to Budapest
- Child Brain Injury Trust Webinar 2017: Improving independence and mobility in the home following ABI
- CMSUK Webinar 2017: Designing Homes with a focus on visual impairment
- CMSUK/BABICM/VRA Joint Conference 2015: Technologies to improve the quality of life
- Grand Designs London Show 2015: Ask the Expert feature on inclusive design
- Epilepsy Action Conference 2014: Technological aids to minimise the fear and risk of injury during seizures
- Blind Veterans Annual Meeting 2014: The provision of home adaptation
- Naidex Homecare Show 2013 : Examining inclusive design