Housing Occupational Therapy services
We are here to help – contact us
Managing Director, Clinical Lead
BA Hons Occupational Therapy & MSc Ergonomics
Anava has many years of experience working as a housing Occupational Therapist for both the private and public sector.
She specialises in the inclusive design of domestic and residential buildings, aiming to provide aesthetic solutions for people who are less able.
Anava acts as an expert witness (under Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules), specialising in accommodation and equipment. Her knowledge and expertise have proven particularly useful for clients who do not want to move home and would prefer to have their property adapted to meet their needs. Anava is known for her ability to think out of the box and find creative solutions for complex problems.
Anava will be speaking at the following events:
- Occupational Therapy Adaptation Conference (OTAC), December 13, Edinburgh
- NAIDEX Show, April 25 – 26, Birmingham
Anava will be attending the following conferences:
- Leigh Day Out of Focus Brain Injury, February 8, London
- Child Brain Injury Trust Annual Conference, March 6, Birmingham
- HeadFirst Conference, May 10, London
- BABICM Conference, June 13-14
- AvMA Annual Clinical Negligence Conference, Brighton, June 29-30
Previously Anava has given the following speeches:
- CMSUK Webinar 2017: Designing Homes with a Focus on Visual Impairment
- CMSUK/BABICM/VRA Joint Conference 2015 – Technologies to improve the quality of life
- Grand Designs London Show 2015 – Ask the Expert feature on Inclusive Design
- Epilepsy Action Conference 2014 – focusing on the technological aids available to help people minimise their fears and risks of injury whilst having seizures.
- Blind Veterans Annual Meeting 2014 – updating welfare officers about current procedures and issues relating to the provision of home adaptation.
- Naidex Homecare Show 2013 – examining inclusive design.
BA Hons Business Studies
Sheila has a wealth of experience gained in management and administration in the Health, Charities and the Not-For-Profit sectors. She has previously worked as a Practice Manager in a busy inner-city GP surgery, an Information Manager at a charity for people with learning difficulties, and a Programme Coordinator at a national children’s charity.
Occupational Therapy Lead, North
BA Hons Occupational Therapy
Zoe qualified in 2000 and since then has worked in the NHS, Social Care and the private sector. She has specialist knowledge and experience of equipment, housing adaptations and manual handling risk assessments. She has worked closely with architects on a number of home adaptation projects for Design for Independence, and has a special interest in assistive technology.
Before joining Design for Independence Kelly worked for many years in local estate agents, where she gained extensive experience in both sales and lettings. She regularly worked with the MOD and large multinational IT and pharmaceutical companies, helping them to relocate their staff to the local area.
Our Occupational Therapists
We have a small team of high experienced and qualified housing occupational therapists throughout the country. We are also constantly expanding our team to meet our clients’ needs.