We’ve put together a range of resources that cover the most common areas we are asked about by individuals who need housing Occupational Therapy support – from installing a stairlift to manual handling and the Disabled Facilities Grant
These guides contain a wealth of information, and are a good starting point for anyone who may need Occupational Therapy support.
If your project is not straightforward, then we’d love to get involved. Our specialist OTs can assess every aspect of your home and recommend alterations and equipment based on your current, and long term, needs.
By focusing on the long term we’ll be able to ensure any changes are fit for the future. This can potentially save you money and the inconvenience of additional work in the years to come.
To find out more, please send us an email or call on 01799 588056.
- The disabled facilities grant
- Stair lifts – a helpful guide
- Shower stretchers – a helpful guide
- Riser recliner chairs – a helpful guide
- Shower toilets
- Occupational therapy advice on home safety
- Staying safe with epilepsy
- Adapting your home for autism
- Interior design for people with dementia
- Parkinson’s and home adaptation
- The importance of correct manual handling
- The importance of hoisting for carers
- Choosing an appropriate solicitor in claims for catastrophic injuries